December 23, 2008

Blessings from Crown

People say that in most marriages one spouse is the spender and the other is the saver. Unfortunately for my husband, I have always been a spender and he has been the saver. Each time I share my testimony with one of the Crown classes, I reflect on how God brought the two of us together and how much I have learned since then about God's perspective on finances and stewardship.

I grew up having a very selfish and thoughtless view of money. My parents always provided everything I needed, but I never really knew how to manage money or use it in a way to build the kingdom of God. After getting married, I saw how different my opinions on money were from Sol's, particularly in the area of debt. And once I took my first Crown class, I began to understand that there were clear biblical principles that supported being debt-free. I started using a budget for the first time, and investing more in my 401K. But more than these financial benefits, there are other blessings from Crown that I consider even more valuable:

1. Realizing that God is in control of our finances as well as every area of our lives
2. Building closer relationships with other Crown students and leaders
3. Sharing prayer requests and seeing God answer them
4. Memorizing the Word of God and later being reminded of those verses at just the right time
5. Witnessing God's faithfulness to Harvest as over 100 students have taken Crown, including elementary, high school, and college age students.
Even with the current state of the economy, my hope is that we as God's people will apply the principles that we have gained from Crown and continue to be generous and faithful stewards for God's kingdom work to be done at Harvest.

Angela Bahng
Crown Financial

0 comments: